Wednesday 23 December 2015

LATEST WRITING SUCCESSES

Hello again and Seasons Greetings

I’m home from my trip to Thailand where I enjoyed some phenomenal diving… more of that in the New Year.

In the meantime, several writing successes occurred while I was away.

I wrote a couple of stories for Café Lit.

The first story: Sex and Socks and Rock 'n' Roll was published on the 2nd December


Patpong, Bankok





You can read the story

              HERE




Red Hibiscus


The second story: Santaphobia was published on the 15th December

Frangipani



You can read the story

          HERE









Pink Hibiscus

The Best of Café Lit 4 Anthology was launched. I was delighted that one of my stories was chosen for the anthology.

The Amazon link for the book is HERE

Finally, I won second place in the 2015 Alfie Dog Short Story Competition. Licking an Ant's Bottom was a story I thoroughly enjoyed writing and I was satisfied with the result, so it was a real rush when my belief in its merit was vindicated.

If you’d like to read the story for an extremely modest 39 pence, the link to Alfie Dog is HERE


All in all, it’s been a great end to 2015 and I'm all fired up for more writing projects in 2016.


Wishing you a happy and successful New Year!


14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your success and wishing you many more for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Patsy. There's nothing like a few successes to encourage one to keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Success all round, Susan :) Hope you had a good Christmas?
    Wishing you continued success and happiness in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Yes, my first Christmas in West Cork was lovely, if a little chilly after past Christmases in Fiji and Spain!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your success in 2015 Susan and wishing you more accolades in the coming year. The photos of your Thai trip look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosemary! We just have to keep plugging away and write, write, write!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on all that success, Susan! If you let it go to your head it may well prompt more success, so enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, Susan! You're on a roll now - 2016 could be a fantastic year for you! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Sally. I feel like I'm on a roll, but you never know in this writing game.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan, I tried to post this several times before Christmas but kept getting a notification that your email address didn't exist(?!). Hope this gets through now you're back.

    Congrats on being the runner-up in Alfie Dog Fiction's story comp. When I saw 'Licking an Ant's Bottom' on the shortlist I thought a) I must read that to find out what it's about, and b) I wonder who wrote it? I should have guessed it was you, knowing your interest in wildlife!

    Congrats on your other successes too - onwards and upwards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda - I've no idea why you were getting that notification! Anyway, your post has got through now. Thank you for your kind comments.
    I was delighted when I saw that the Alfie Dog winner was someone I knew and I downloaded your story. I thought it was excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on writing this year! And on the stories that got published :)

    Majanka

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Majanka, thanks for visiting my blog and thanks for your comment. My apologies for the delay - I really must get in the habit of checking my 'awaiting moderation' folder regularly! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for commenting. I appreciate your feedback.