Wednesday 8 April 2020

POT OF GOLD - 100 word story

In the spirit of last week's story, I'm continuing the humorous trend to take you out of the real world for a moment or two.



PHOTO PROMPT © Jeff Arnold



Pot of Gold


Paddy sat under a bush, watching the family. The children were playing. The mammy was hanging washing. The daddy was digging the vegetable patch.
Paddy couldn't make his move until after dark.
Damn and blast that little divil, Seamus.
Paddy acknowledged that he was no saint either. But you weren't supposed to cause mischief with your own! It wasn't funny or clever that Seamus had found the end of Paddy's rainbow and hidden his pot of gold in this garden.
Paddy straightened his silver buckles and adjusted his tall, green hat with a sigh.
'Leprechauns, eh?' he thought wryly.


Hope you enjoyed this story and I look forward to your comments. 


If you wish to read more Friday Fictioneers stories, you can find them listed HERE


If you'd like to join in the challenge, you'll find all the information posted by Rochelle Wisoff-Fields 


- her blog is listed on 'My Blog List' on the right hand side of this page.


On a final note - I always attempt to visit the blogs of everyone who comments on mine. If I haven't commented on yours it's either because I haven't been redirected to your blog when I've clicked on your name or because you have a wordpress account that requires me to sign into wordpress first. 
Please check and amend your settings. Thanks.











45 comments:

  1. Adorable story. I bet the are quite the characters. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tannille. I live in Ireland and you have to keep a look out for the little fellas. They can cause terrible mischief. :)

      Delete
  2. Paddy seems very philosophical about it all. Good for him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say he can't get too mad with Seamus when he's no doubt been responsible for a great deal of mischief himself. :)

      Delete
  3. Dear Susan,

    Cute story. I've heard Leprechauns are divilish little creatures. ;)

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you have to keep your wits about you in Ireland! :)

      Delete
  4. Good to know leprechauns don't discriminate when it comes to causing mischief! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Imagine if one really dug at the same place thinking it's the end of the rainbow- "pot of gold" will be reality for her/him! :)

    Stay home. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to be part of the fairy kingdom to find the gold at the end of the rainbow. The rest is just wishful thinking for the likes of us, I'm afraid. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh oh, one mischief maker toook another’s gold. This can’t be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say Paddy is already plotting how he's going to get his own back on Seamus! :)

      Delete
  7. Well, hopefully daddy doesn't literally strike gold and Paddy can grab it when those blundering humans leave. That Seamus! Just like him...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, Leprechauns are past masters at hoodwinking humans. Sure, he'll get his gold after dark. :)

      Delete
  8. No end of mischief with these two! A nice spin on the rainbow myth and very in keeping with what I've heard of leprechauns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. You're welcome, Sandra. I couldn't bear the idea of writing about 'you know what'.

      Delete
  10. Fun story. Made me smile, so you get a gold star :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sure, they're all around me. I thought it was rabbits pinching my homegrown veggies until a local put me straight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute and whimsical tale about the little people and their gold.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never thought of leprechauns playing tricks on each other. I imagine it's more challenging that messing with mere humans. Fun take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they shouldn't really do it but I suppose Seamus couldn't help himself when he found Paddy's pot of gold. :)

      Delete
  14. Heehee! Nice story of mischief by the little people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Penny. I couldn't resist telling a 'pot of gold' story when I saw that rainbow.

      Delete
  15. Those divilish leprechauns won't be outsmarted, even by their own. Hope Paddy gets his pot of gold back. Fun fun story!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like they have to accept the consequences of their fellow mischief makers. Glad you thought this was fun to read.

      Delete
  16. I feel some mischief coming ... :) This was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think Seamus is going to watch out for a revenge attack from Paddy. :)

      Delete
  17. i love the way you put this story together. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Replies
    1. And your comment truly made me smile in return. :)

      Delete
  19. Maybe the children will find the gold before he gets a chance to recover it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they do they'll regret it. You don't mess with Leprechauns. :)

      Delete
  20. A lovely story from finish to end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eugenia. Appreciate your comment. :)

      Delete
  21. Cute story with a fun ending.
    The leprechans remind me of my siamese cats always mischivous.
    Isadora 😎

    ReplyDelete
  22. A fun, light-hearted read. Thanks for making me smile, Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for commenting. I appreciate your feedback.