Wednesday 1 July 2020

CENTRAL PROJECT - 100 word story

I've been having computer problems, so writing and posting this quickly in case the beast fails me again.


PHOTO PROMPT © Na’ama Yehudah



CENTRAL PROJECT


Seamus gripped Paddy's Pot of Gold and wandered through the park, searching.
The little fella found tricking these humans more fun than his usual haunts around the Ring of Kerry where they were always suspicious of Leprechaun mischief. But no New Yorker would suspect they had tripped over one of the little people. Brutal!
But he needed to concentrate on his project.
His last prank, disguising Paddy's Pot as a chimney, was brilliant. But how to surpass it?
When he saw the ramparts of Belvedere Castle he knew he had found his spot.

'I've outwitted Paddy the Eejit, this time,' he chuckled.


Hope you enjoyed this story and I look forward to your comments. 


If you wish to read more Friday Fictioneers stories, you can find them listed HERE


If you'd like to join in the challenge, you'll find all the information posted by Rochelle Wisoff-Fields 


- her blog is listed on 'My Blog List' on the right hand side of this page.


On a final note - I always attempt to visit the blogs of everyone who comments on mine. If I haven't commented on yours it's either because I haven't been redirected to your blog when I've clicked on your name or because you have a wordpress account that requires me to sign into wordpress first. 
Please check and amend your settings. Thanks.





38 comments:

  1. Stories of our favourite keep coming... The Joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tannille. Nice of you to describe these stories as a favourite. :)

      Delete
  2. New York would be an ideal playground for leprechauns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Susan,

    I love the running mischief between the two little people.

    Shalom and Begorrah,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mischief is in the air :)
    Justjoyfulness

    ReplyDelete
  5. A whole new playground has opened up for him. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, he'll find plenty to keep him happy. :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, Keith - good to know you're enjoying these Leprechaun stories.

      Delete
  7. Seamus and Paddy are becoming a beloved fixture here. And bringing them to New York is a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he - well we know the affinity the Irish have to the US, so why not their faerie folk too?

      Delete
  8. This one could run and run...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the adventures of these two.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Creativity has no limits. This is fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gabriella. That's the joy of writing fiction.

      Delete
  11. Well, your computer was duped (or cured) and it went through! As for the castle in Central Park ... I wouldn't be too quick on celebrating hiding anything there ... (did he hide it before or after the renovation they just had? ;) ) Fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reduced to using my old, cantankerous laptop now while the other is being repaired (I hope), so hanging on here by a thread.

      Delete
  12. They're much more savvy in Kerry, no fun at all :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but that depends on a Leprechaun's interpretation of fun! :)

      Delete
  13. Those leprechauns have a lot to answer for.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one has mischief written all over it...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. Yes! I wonder how Paddy is going to respond. :)

      Delete
  16. Ah, another l'il leprechaun story. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this line: But no New Yorker would suspect they had tripped over one of the little people. Leprechauns need to be extra careful in NYC. Love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he - thanks Doodle T. I'm sure they'll be careful in the Big Apple. :)

      Delete
  19. And I did indeed enjoy the story. Well composed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bill. Appreciate the feedback. :)

      Delete

Many thanks for commenting. I appreciate your feedback.