Wednesday 22 July 2020

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT - 100 word story

The shenanigans continue in the world of the Little People.


PHOTO PROMPT © Rochelle Wisoff-Fields


HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT


Paddy the Leprechaun put his paintbrush down with a self-congratulatory grunt. His little face scrunched into a smile.
McSpud wandered in. 'Ah, there you are, Paddy. Painting, are ye?'
Paddy handed McSpud a tankard of Poitin. 'What d'ye think?'
McSpud took an appreciative gulp of Paddy's brew. 'Sure, it's colourful. What is it after being then, Paddy?'
Paddy's smile broadened. 'You can't tell?'
'I can't, Paddy.'
Paddy picked up the rainbow coloured item and declaimed, 'may I present Seamus the Gobshite's Pot of Gold.'
'Ah, jaysus,' said McSpud.
Paddy took a satisfied swig of Poitin and winked at McSpud.



Hope you enjoyed this story and I look forward to your comments. 


If you wish to read more Friday Fictioneers stories, you can find them listed HERE


If you'd like to join in the challenge, you'll find all the information posted by Rochelle Wisoff-Fields 


- her blog is listed on 'My Blog List' on the right hand side of this page.


On a final note - I always attempt to visit the blogs of everyone who comments on mine. If I haven't commented on yours it's either because I haven't been redirected to your blog when I've clicked on your name or because you have a wordpress account that requires me to sign into wordpress first. 
Please check and amend your settings. Thanks.








58 comments:

  1. Dear Susan,

    No wonder Paddy's picture is hard to decipher. Drinking something that's 40-90% alcohol is liable to distort anyone's vision. I love the little people stories.

    Shalom

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a picture - but the actual item, Rochelle. Sorry if I didn't make it clear in the story. :)

      Delete
  2. Fun story and characters :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iain. I enjoy writing about these little characters.

      Delete
  3. A wee tipple helps you see what others can't

    ReplyDelete
  4. What characters. The rivalry lives on. ��

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, oh, I'm sure the revenge of Seamus will be nasty...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has to find his multi-coloured pot first. :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely fun-filled story and you got the dialect to a tee!

    Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Keith. (Helps that I live in Ireland.) :)

      Delete
  7. These characters are becoming well-loved, something to look forward to each week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the endorsement, Linda. I was wondering if this story line was becoming a little tired.

      Delete
  8. he isn't lost for words. is he? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, he isn't - and I toned his language down a bit!

      Delete
  9. Those three have a lot of fun tormenting each other don't they :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am absolutely loving all these stories, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Little People stories always bring a smile. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Always nice to know when I've made someone smile. :)

      Delete
  12. A chuckle for sure...not sure on all the language, but whatever they're saying it is as colorful as the paint palette...fun very fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry if you had trouble following their speech patterns. It reflects how the Irish speak.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  13. Fun little people :)
    - Justjoyfulness

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love these stories! I have a number of Irish friends and they talk just like that! Clever little folks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Darlene. The Irish do indeed talk like that. (Feel free to let me know when these stories start to bore you.) :)

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Thanks, CE - I enjoy writing these stories, but I do need to know that my readers enjoy them too!

      Delete
  16. That made me smile, but imbibing leprechauns have that effect on me. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he - they certainly do enjoy a drop of the hard stuff!

      Delete
  17. Sounds tasty! Bet they see the world through rose-coloured spectacles after a tipple of the Poitin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose-coloured - and probably technicoloured too! :)

      Delete
  18. An entire tankard of poitin would inspire anybody!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey, he can't go around painting all over someone's stash. He's gone too far this time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandra. They're fun to write about.

      Delete
  21. Nice fun story.. love your dialect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vartika. Speech patterns taken direct from the Emerald Isle. :)

      Delete
  22. I would love to try that rainbow drink

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nothing like a bit of art to brighten the end of the rainbow ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was hoping he'd painted a pot of gold that came alive when touched.
    There must have been green beer in his mug blurry his vision.
    Nicely done ... Isadora 😎

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great stuff, I'm pleased these little fellas haven't stopped narking each other.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A fun story Susan - most entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ha! Ha! A few more tankards of Poitin and he will be painting the world red.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Uh-oh, the gold hiding has turned into a drinking game. That can only lead to more shenanigans.

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for commenting. I appreciate your feedback.